Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nala and Lilly

Well, I said I was busy, but this is ridiculous; my goal is much more than one blog a month! We'll see if I can do better this summer. Speaking of summer, it's here and so nice, so relaxing - afternoons at the pool, sleeping a little later, and evening walks. We love after dinner walks, especially Nala. She jumps around when she sees tennis shoes going on our feet and her leash come out, nothing better than a walk for a dog. By the way, Nala has a gentle leader collar that she wears so my girls can walk her; well really so I can walk her and she doesn't pull us down the street. With the collar on, she's such a good, well behaved girl, without, well...
So here we are taking a nice dusk walk and we see a dog bounding through the bushes in front of us, I mean bounding, like a deer, from bush to bush, disappearing, than we see her again. Then we hear, "Lilly, Lilly, come here!" 
But Lilly's not going anywhere. Then I see a familiar site, the dog mom shaking a bag of treats and  being totally and completely ignored by her dog. 
We're not sure if we should walk on or stay and let Lilly get home, but decide to walk on since Lilly's not going anywhere except her her romp through the bushes. The woman, getting frustrated, because her own dog is ignoring her, offers Nala a biscuit. Nala gratefully and quickly accepts. Well now here comes the suddenly interested Lilly! 
 "Who's eating my biscuits," she wonders and comes to check us out. 
They do the dog greeting, and then because she has on her good dog collar, Nala has to act a little bad and jumps at Lilly. Lilly jumps back. There's really no aggression, but no one's listening, either. I'm pulling Nala, my girls are laughing, and the woman is still  yelling at Lilly. I think her exact words were "I'm gonna kill this dog!" Of course, she's not serious, but this comment makes my girls laugh harder and the coup de grace is when she throws (yes, throws) the bag of dog treats at Lilly. 
Now we're all laughing, even Lilly's mom. 
Somehow, she gets ahold of Lilly who happily follows her into the house. We go about our walk, but I was oh so glad to see another dog who well, just doesn't listen.
And so was Nala, because nothing's better than a biscuit to top off your cherished evening walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment